The Groups and Classes here at Immanuel are ever-changing with the needs of the community. A great place to start is with our Assimilation Ministry.
So, what is "assimilation"? That is a great question! Assimilation strives to connect members new and current to the ministries at Immanuel. That could be groups or classes to join and learn or groups to join and serve. We get to know you to find the best place for your needs, gifts, & talents.
1 Corinthians 12:14 & 27
"For the body does not consist of one member but of many."
" Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it."
As you ponder these verses, here are a few questions for you to think about:
- Are you being fulfilled?
- Do you hunger to know more?
- Is the Holy Spirit calling on you to do more?
- Are you wondering what is your purpose as part of Christ's Body here at Immanuel and beyond?
It may be that the Holy Spirit is tugging at your heart to get connected and find the best place to use your time and talents in a group or ministry here at Immanuel or maybe you're a visitor wanting to know more about the Immanuel family and are unsure where to go.
A great way to begin is to fill out the Find Your Spot form. Once submitted, we will contact you to help you find the area that is the right fit for you.
These ministries assist in Immanuel's worship services. We strive to help everyone attending connect to God's message.
- Greeters - Help to welcome members and guests as they arrive for worship services.
- Altar Guild - This group prepares the Altar & Communion for worship services. They also help to dress the Altar at Easter time. Members serve on a team 1 month per year. Set-up takes about 1 hour.
- Scripture Readers - Join in reading the Scripture at Immanuel's worship services.
- Ushers - Ushers help support the worship services by handing out the worship bulletins, greeting, answering questions, and with the movements of the service.
- MAV Ministry (Music, Audio, & Video)
These ministries reach out into our community, country, and globally. There are many opportunities for a short-term commitment and for longer commitments if you are so moved.
- Cancer Ministry
- Life Ministry
- Mission in Action
- Social Ministry - This group helps twice a month to staff the Ecumenical Food Pantry in St. Clair. We also adopt community families at Thanksgiving and Christmas when we collect & provide food and Christmas gifts.
- weekEND HUNGER program
We also offer many ministry groups for learning and for friendly gatherings, as well as groups that help the church in it's mission.
- Book Club - Join us each month as we discuss some wonderful Christian Fiction! Every other month is for everyone to bring in a book they would like to introduce and the other 6 months we have a chosen book to discuss.
- Fun-loving Seniors Monthly Luncheon - Seniors 50+ gather the second Tuesday of the month for a pot-luck and fun!
- Widows Sharing & Caring Group - We meet on the first Tuesday of the month. A sharing and caring ministry for widows. If you are widowed, whether recently or not, join us once a month for a time of sharing, caring, and fellowship.
- Discipleship Groups - Discipleship Group members grow in their personal discipleship as they study and discuss the Immanuel sermon text of the week and apply it to their lives and discipleship. Members and non-members are welcome in every Discipleship Group and may join at any time.
- Prayer Ministry - This is a group of prayer warriors who receive emails for those who need immediate prayers
- Helping Hands - Work with the Trustee and Business Manager to provide minor repairs and maintenance for the Church and Early Childhood Center.
- Children & Family Ministry
- Youth Ministry - This fun group provides youth with adventure, leadership, personal growth, and service opportunities. They currently meet Sunday mornings from 9:00 - 10:00 am.