To help our children become true disciples of Jesus Christ by building relationships with them, being examples for them, and teaching them God’s Word.
We have an amazing team assembled and we are excited to teach your child in Sunday school and Weekday School.
Sunday school classes are every Sunday from 9:15 - 10:00 a.m.
Everyone is welcome! Member, Non-member, Family, Friends. Sunday school helps your child learn about Jesus, develop Christian relationships and prepare for the week ahead.
We welcome all children to join us at Sunday School to learn about God our Creator, the love of Jesus, and the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives as we listen to and read God's Word.
When your child comes to Sunday School he/she will connect with other Christian kids as they learn how to talk to God in prayer. Through reading the Bible, hearing the Bible Stories, and fun related activities, your child will learn eternal truths about salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Details as follows:
- Sunday School, every Sunday, 9:15-10:00 am
- Child sign-in is in the family life center.
- Pre-register through the Child Participation/Emergency Form
- Children will divide into three groups for lesson, craft, and activity.
- K - 2nd Grade
- 3rd – 5th Grade
- Children will be learning in a safe, loving environment
- Regular attendance is encouraged to increase bonds
- Child Pick-up in the family life center.
We can’t wait to see you and serve God through teaching his word.
Loving God, Loving People, Making Disciples, Who Make Disciples,
Immanuel Sunday School Team
Looking forward to Weekday School for the 2023/2024 school year!
Weekday school happens during the regular school year. We are looking forward to an exciting year as we “Dig into the Life of Jesus!” Each week we will have a Bible lesson and coordinate activities or projects to reinforce what we are learning. This year we will also have a special time for music, and your children will be learning to play handbells!
Weekday school is for children in 2nd through 5th grades.
- We meet in Immanuel’s Family Life Center each week from 4:00-5:15 pm.
- This year, we will be holding classes every Wednesday except for November 23, December 21, 28, January 4, and March 29.
- WE WILL BE HOLDING CLASSES ON EAST CHINA EARLY RELEASE DAYS THIS YEAR!
- For the safety of all children, we will also be handling the arrival and dismissal of children differently this year. We ask that you please arrive at the Family Life Center entrance to the building. A teacher will be waiting to greet your child each week!
- If you are arriving more than 10 minutes late, we ask that you please text Jill Coughlin at (810)310-1007, and we will meet you at the door for your child to join the class.
- At dismissal time, we ask that you wait at the same Family Life Center Entrance, where a teacher will dismiss each child to their parent/approved adult.
- We thank you for your cooperation in helping to keep all children safe!
Click here to register. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with the church office at (810) 329-7174 or Jill Coughlin at (810) 310-1007.
Loving God, Loving People, Making Disciples, Who Make Disciples,
Immanuel Weekday School Team
- Weekday School: 2nd - 5th Grade; Wednesdays 4-5:15 pm during the regular school year. Your kids will have lots of fun learning about Jesus through prayer, games, crafts & discussions.
- Sunday School: 3 yr olds - 5th Grade; Sundays 9:15 - 10 am in the Family Life Center during the regular school year.
- Easter Celebration: Each year, we hold a family event to celebrate Easter. Please watch the website, bulletin, and sign for more information as Easter approaches.
- Vacation Bible School: July 2024 from 9 am - 11:30 am; VBS is for 3yr olds (potty trained by July 17) thru entering 5th grade. There is no cost to attend. During the week of VBS, children are guided through Bible lessons, songs, prayer, crafts, games, and snacks related to the VBS theme for the year.
- Christmas Pagent: Each December, the children present the story of the birth of Jesus with the congregation during the 10:15 am Worship service.
- Mom 2 Mom Sale: We host a mom2Mom sale in the spring and fall for parents to sell their gently used children's items, from clothes to play equipment and everything in between. Table rental information will be posted on the website as a sale approaches.
As Lutheran Christians, we believe that the Bible teaches that a person is saved by God’s grace alone through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
The Bible tells us that such “faith comes by hearing” (Rom. 10:17). Jesus Himself commands Baptism and tells us that Baptism is water used together with the Word of God (Matt. 28:19-20).
Because of this, we believe that Baptism is one of the miraculous means of grace (another is God’s Word as it is written or spoken), through which God creates and/or strengthens the gift of faith in a person’s heart (see Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16; 1 Peter 3:21; Gal. 3:26-27; Rom. 6:1-4; Col. 2:11-12; 1 Cor. 12.13).
The terms the Bible uses to talk about the beginning of faith include “conversion” and “regeneration.” Although we do not claim to understand fully how this happens, we believe that when an infant is baptized, God creates faith in the heart of that infant.
We believe this because the Bible says that infants can believe (Matt. 18:6) and that new birth (regeneration) happens in Baptism (John 3:5-7; Titus 3:5-6). The infant’s faith cannot yet, of course, be verbally expressed or articulated by the child, yet it is real and present all the same (see, e.g., Acts 2:38-39; Luke 1:15; 2 Tim. 3:15).
The faith of the infant, like the faith of adults, also needs to be fed and nurtured by God’s Word (Matt. 28:18-20), or it will die.
Lutherans do not believe that only those baptized as infants receive faith. Faith can also be created in a person's heart by the power of the Holy Spirit working through God's (written or spoken) Word.
Baptism should then soon follow conversion (cf. Acts 8:26-40) for the purpose of confirming and strengthening faith in accordance with God's command and promise. Depending on the situation, therefore, Lutherans baptize people of all ages from infancy to adulthood.
The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, which Immanuel is part of, does not believe that Baptism is ABSOLUTELY necessary for salvation. All true believers in the Old Testament era were saved without baptism. Mark 16:16 implies that it is not the absence of Baptism that condemns a person but the absence of faith, and there are clearly other ways of coming to faith by the power of the Holy Spirit (reading or hearing the Word of God).
Still, Baptism should not be despised or willfully neglected since it is explicitly commanded by God and has His precious promises attached to it. It is not a mere “ritual” or “symbol,” but a powerful means of grace by which God grants faith and the forgiveness of sins.
Children's Ministry has events throughout the year that need volunteers. We are ALWAYS looking for energetic people to help Immanuel's kids as they grow in their faith. If you would like to volunteer for any event or would like more information, please get in touch with the church office via email or 810-329-7174 or fill out the "Find Your Spot" form.
Ministry Guidelines Class is required for anyone wanting to work with the kiddos of Immanuel. The class is online and is followed by a background check.