Immanuel's Outreach Ministry is reaching out to our community and beyond. We like to say "The Church has left the building!"
- WeekEND HUNGER Backpack Program: This ministry provides children at risk of hunger access to nutritious, non-perishable food. Click to learn more.
- Mission in Action: MIA heads out on missions locally, nationally, and internationally. Click to learn more.
- Operation Christmas Child: Immanuel partners with Samaritan's Purse to pack shoeboxes with small gifts each year to bless children in need around the world. Children learn the importance of giving through this project which is finalized the third week in November. We encourage you to visit Samaritan's Purse for details of what to include and not include in your shoebox.
- Life Ministry: Immanuel's Life Ministry is devoted to upholding the sanctity of human life from conception onward. We are actively involved with Spero Pregnancy Care Center in Port Huron. Each year, between Mother's Day and Father's Day, Immanuel runs a baby bottle bounce back campaign where members fill bottle banks with loose change and the like.
- Mid City Nutrition Center: Located in Port Huron at St. Martin's Lutheran Church. The Center focuses on feeding the hungry in St. Clair County on a daily basis. Immanuel serves by preparing delicious, hot and healthy meals on the second Saturday of each month from 8 am to 12:30 pm.
- St. Clair Plains Trail Tree Planting and Clean Up: Immanuel's family and friends come together in the Spring to plant trees at the St. Clair Plains Trail located off Fred Moore Hwy, on the south side of the road just before the bridge over the Pine River. We partner with LPG Services who provides a delicious lunch following the planting.
- Kids Coalition Against Hunger: This Michigan-based non-profit coordinates packaging events throughout the eastern half of the United States. The meals packed feed children around the world and in local communities. This event usually takes place in September.
- Meals-4-A-Cause: This ministry prepares and freezes meals for those in temporary crisis and other situations, such as an illness or death in the family, a baby is born, or when receiving medical treatments. Please contact the church office if you are in need of meals or know someone in need.
- Adopt a Cop: We support and pray for our St. Clair Police Officers and our Fire Department through this program. Anyone can pick up an information card on an individual police officer from the Church Office. We encourage you to send them cards throughout the year to show support and encouragement. Once a month, Outreach delivers a food tray to their office.